Extra wide down lights | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Extra wide down lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Joules Burn

Hi gents, I have just been to look at a job to renew 14 existing down lights. Not a problem normally, but the existing holes are 10 cm wide and I need the fittings to be fire rated and IP 65. Has anyone found any that would fit this size of hole? I have looked at the conversion kits, but they all seem to be IP 20 only.
I know that I could repair the existing holes first, then start again, but that would be mighty laborious and time consuming. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
cheers Dave

Ipf, I knw where you're coming from, but I have to work from below on one of the ceilings and above it is a tiled floor, so hoods would be rather difficult. I am probably clutching at straws, but I am hoping that someone will know of a fitting which will do the job? Thanks for the reply buddy.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Helsenberg, I am looking for the 230v type, if you have any ideas, they will be gratefully received.
Mogga, I will do a search for the Halers evolved, but, looking at the conversion plates, I have already seen, they appear to be IP 20 only. Do you have a different type, (IP65) that you know of?

Reply to Extra wide down lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
It's actually not as those are accidents outside of work, if you suffer an injury whilst working for someone else or doing private work then...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
SOLVED Thanks for all the help. It was nothing to do with the smoke detector. In this new hole (where there will be a light fitting) three white...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's one gotcha with them : if you get one that's been on the shelf a while, you install it, and then 24 later it does it's first full 3 hour...
Replies
Views
As a trainee, one of the things I've tried to focus on to deepen my interest in the world of electrics, is the space for creativity. I've...
Replies
Views
Very small indeed, but I see it needs a 24v driver, or 12v if you look through the specs. Confusing. I’ve got cut-offs of LED white tape and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks