Extractor Fan in bathroom | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Extractor Fan in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i want to fix an extractor fan in a bathroom. i cannot vent through the roof so can only vent through the outside wall and then only directly over the bath which is in zone 2.
the extractor will be about 1.5 metres above the bath
i intend to power off the lighting circuit which is already protected by an RCBO 6 amp.
is it ok to fit a 240v extractor (as i have the RCBO) or is a 12v required.
i would welcome your thoughts.

As the other guys have said, it's zone 1 and as long as your fan is rated IPX4 or higher then no problem. Ditto what D80 said regarding 3A fusing. Are you fitting a 3-pole isolator btw? Not strictly required but useful.

If you have a low-load lighting circuit you can always buy and install one of the new 3 amp MCB's for your bathroom lighting circuit. These are now being manufactured to comply with this fan requirement.

Reply to Extractor Fan in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net