Extractor fans and dimmer switches | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Extractor fans and dimmer switches in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sjm

Hi guys, quick question.

Has anyone had experience of putting an extractor fan with run on timer on a dimmer switch? Will it work?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

Works with some dimmers but not all , it will also reduce the fan speed when dimmed and can lead to premature failure of the fan motor

Reply to Extractor fans and dimmer switches in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Elkay 2235A-1 Energysense White 3 Wire Touch Timer 16A 240V. This is a touch timer (you don't need that bit) which also can be activated by a...
Replies
Views
Yes one wire nut will grab a wire but I will suggest an orange one because the wire is 14 gage wire for lighting.
Replies
Views
Thank you. We do have a window. Do you think my idea (even if is adds complexity) is workable? Nothing fundamentally wrong that I am missing?
Replies
Views
Morning all, anyone had experience with BG touch dimmer like this one Touch Dimmer Switches - Intelligent Trailing Edge -...
Replies
Views
as mentioned by Westward a link is the way forward, nothing wrong with that and the pull cord will then be the on off switch.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks