Faulty Megger 1740. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Faulty Megger 1740. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
On an EICR today my Megger crackled on a pscc test then started giving a 20ka reading (which giving the EFLI was 0.19 and had a corresponding PEFC seems impossible) and claiming it was overheating. From that point onwards it would no longer perform either a 2 hi or 3 lo loop test and seemed to be inconsistent on r1+r2 readings. Has anyone else had this happen ?

Reply to Faulty Megger 1740. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Well done. Leads sound a bit high btw mine are 0.07 when warmed up. Rcd uplift - I either calculate Zs, or use the kitcher trick. See
Replies
Views
  • Question
This lesser known technique can be used for RCBO protected circuits, allowing a high current test to be used. It's a good one to have in the bag...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Much the same! Non-trip Zs is a bit variable (as they often are) and some of the control options a bit non-intuitive but overall good value.
Replies
Views
How I wish I’d read this 6 weeks ago before I bought the thing. All you say is true and my strap did give way sending the tester plummeting to the...
    • Informative
Replies
Views
  • Question
It's not power that decides how far a spark will jump or how insulation will break down, it's voltage, With the peak voltage of 230V mains being...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks