Fed up with lamps blowing | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Fed up with lamps blowing in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

plugsandsparks

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bought a 2nd tester from Steve on here, lovely condition BUT i was just checking all was good with the tester on my house and noticed again that volts were up at 253V. Now this is my house and Mrs P&S has refused all attempts at me changing the chandeliers for some energy efficient lamps so am stuck with many incandescent types. Had two go this weekend alone and CU is in the garage and i have to climb over alot of stuff to reset (i know...)

Anyway. Considering a step down Transformer from 240 - 220 just for the lighting circuit. Say 1500VA.

Anyone know a supplier of such ?

Actually did think about 2X site transy back to back, by the time it has gone through them both should get below 250V might give it a try.

Found an autotransformer on RS site but its, well, nearly as much as Vphase

Reply to Fed up with lamps blowing in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

S
  • Question
if it's standard incandescent lamps (100W ?) have you looked at the safety fuse inside the internal Glass envelope , the smaller Glass capsule...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
Closed by request
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
swan invented the first electric light,his home is still recognised as the first in the world to lit by electricity,its still there,drive past it...
Replies
Views
alarm man
A
D
The only cabling that's affected is the cabling n this circuit which is new blue and brown cable so not that old at all. The rest f the house...
Replies
Views
DonaldJ
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks