Fire alarm grade- ? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Fire alarm grade- ? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
In its simplest terms:

The building is a 3 storey mid terrace house. It has been split as to provide 6 self contained flats (2 per floor). This was done over 25 years ago.

Ground:
Flat 1: Living room / kitchen / bathroom
Flat 2: Entrance lobby / living room / kitchen / bathroom / bedroom

1st floor:
Flat 3: Entrance lobby / living room / kitchen / bathroom / bedroom
Flat 4: Living room / kitchen / bathroom

2nd floor:
Flat 5: Entrance lobby / bathroom / living room / kitchen / bedroom
Flat 6: Living room / kitchen / bathroom

There are no communal rooms, just a communal hallway + staircases +landings.
The building is likely to be 100+ years old, with lathe & plaster walls / ceilings (except where some have been lowered).

I have read a lot of information from the internet and 'electricians guide to fire detection & alarm systems' but have not came to a final conclusion of what grade/category FA system is required- that I can confidently argue the case for.

There is an old A/LD3 system already installed though zones are wired in T&E and the sounders on communal stairs are almost certainly not enough to wake those in separate bedrooms.

Reply to Fire alarm grade- ? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Heat & Carbon monoxide detector recommended for a kitchen.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Personally I won't do fixed price work unless there is a clear spec for the job including things like smokes, data, TV whatever else the customer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would think that if they are apartments, and not something like uni halls with private bedroom and communal facilities, then each one would be...
Replies
Views
Truthfully being honest with myself I've answered my own question. We ended up going to town with the points etc vs original quote. I guess I...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks