Fire alarms, alteration to domestic property and interlinking of. | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Fire alarms, alteration to domestic property and interlinking of. in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Buggs

I am working on a property that is being re-furbished and the client doesn't want anything to be done with the ceilings ie they are not being hung, just fittings changed as necessary.
With regards to smoke alarms and them being interlinked is it acceptable to use wirelessly interlinked alarms that take power from their respective local lighting circuit or do they all need to be on there own dedicated circuit together?

I am working on a property that is being re-furbished and the client doesn't want anything to be done with the ceilings ie they are not being hung, just fittings changed as necessary.
With regards to smoke alarms and them being interlinked is it acceptable to use wirelessly interlinked alarms YES that take power from their respective local lighting circuit YES or do they all need to be on there own dedicated circuit together?

provided they are battery backed up. I would recommend 10yr rechargeable lithiums in this instance. The Aico 160RC series would be my weapon of choice.

provided they are battery backed up. I would recommend 10yr rechargeable lithiums in this instance. The Aico 160RC series would be my weapon of choice.

A good recommendation, I've just ordered a load of these with the radiolink bases, a smoke and a heat to be interlinked in each property, they work perfectly and there's no interference, even when we've installed the system in adjacent properties.

The system also complies with BS5839-6, the same level of compliance as the hard wired interlinked systems.

Shop around, I bought 50 of each device plus 100 bases and the difference in 3 like for like quotations was immense!!

Reply to Fire alarms, alteration to domestic property and interlinking of. in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net