First 3 line solar pv install | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss First 3 line solar pv install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on a 5kw system. I've done three other installs <4kw single line. This install is going to be 3 line so I'm just checking if it's really the same or if there's anything I should look out for. I'm using a three line inverter will this even the loading on the lines? Still new to this so any help or advice would be great cheers

three phase you mean? yes you'll need a three phase inverter such as sma 5000 TL tripower. It splits across all 3 phases evenly

Or a PowerOne PVI-6.0-TL-OUTD 3ph unit (or their new 5.8 3ph unit soon to be available) although the SMA 5000 is a better "fit" for the system size. Or you could even fit 3pcs 1.5kW 1ph units - would be about the same cost, possibly a bit less. Your options are varied!

I take it if this system was single phase it would come under the g59. Is it worth doing the g59 course ?

Depends what you plan on doing in the future. If you're going to design and install large scale installs then probably. If not then a 5kWp install isn't much different to a <4kWp.

Not really sure what the future holds. We would really just be putting them on landlords and small office blocks it's not something we are looking to chase just have the means to do it if it's part of a job. Thanks for the replays anyway settled the nerves a bit now

Reply to First 3 line solar pv install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

If the batteries are charged and the house is taking little then the full production of the panels will be dumped into the grid. As you have set...
Replies
Views
Has the cover been removed, is it TP bussbar? I fitted one as @oscar21 linked to a few months ago, it was actually a nice board and with the TP...
Replies
Views
Need to crack on to get most from this year :cool: BTW if you are thinking about adding to the strings later, i.e. add more panels to existing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Crikey that sounds really complicated…. Never fitted Solar but would be interested how you get on … with pics if you can & good luck😎
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably a bit late for the OP, but there's a very easy option if a manual solution is OK. Rotary cam switches are just the ticket - but not the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks