First Time Posting | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss First Time Posting in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davelarthwell

Hi,

Dave here, just thought I would make my first post even though I have been a member for a few months now!

I have one more module left on my 2330 lev 2, and start lev 3 in January.

I am doing my 2330 one night a week plus Saturday mornings as I have decided to change my career totally.

At the age of 49 I have ditched my IT job to do some real work!

Thanks for reading.

p.s. If anyone knows of someone in the Norwich area who wants some free labour so that I can do my NVQ Lev 3 practical and get some 'time on the tools', please contact me.

Remind me what the unit 3 is again, it's been a few years since I did it.

It is Application of health and safety and electrical principles. It covers Safe systems of working, using technical info, alternating current theory, polyphase and three phase and overcurrent, short circuit and earth fault protection.

It seems quite a short unit.

I would have liked to have done the lev 2 and 3 in a shorter time span, but I have had to do this part time 1 evening a week and saturday mornings in workshop so that I can keep the money coming in to pay the bills. I am currently self employed doing property maintenance for landlords and estate agents.

I think the main problem I am going to face will be getting some time on the tools even though I am insured and will work for free so that I can get my NVQ.

Reply to First Time Posting in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net