Flickering GU10 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Flickering GU10 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steve447

One of the three GU10's in my sons bedroom is flickering, the other two are fine. I presume that the bulb is on its way out so i am planning to replace it but thought i may source a LED alternative to the 50w halogen Gu10.
Can anyone reccomend a replacement for the 50w GU10 halogen?

Depending on the wattage of the replacement LED you want to fit will relate to the size of the heatsink on the back, upto about 5 watt the heat sink is the same size as a standard lamp but higher wattage ones you will have to accomdate it within your existing fitting. i would go for Aurora or the Philips lamps

Reply to Flickering GU10 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
The funny thing is that last week I was called to 12v LED bulbs flickering, I blamed the transformers, and changed to integrated LED downlights...
Replies
Views
Switch by the door, pendant holder and a 100W bulb, some will remember, others weren't born yet when it went out of fashion, but this was the...
Replies
Views
The MR16 bulbs are most likely 12 volts, supplied by a transformer above the ceiling. GU10 bulbs are 230 volts. You might need to get some help...
Replies
Views
loz2754
L
  • Question
Maybe, maybe not. Many electricians do not have a power quality analyser, if you do call one, make sure they have it before paying for a service...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks