Flickering LEDS!!! Whassup guys??? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Flickering LEDS!!! Whassup guys??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alexg

Mate, I've just installed 20 LED 5 And 7 watt gu1o LEDs in place of mainS voltage... all operating on a switched fuse (already there!) and... turn it off.. there's flicker!?!?!

No cables running alongside. Although there maybe on the sfy=u load cable as there dare other sockets nearby.

Its doing my head in buddy.

Its a very long run around the customers garden.

Capacitance maybe? If the earth is not now functioning in the fittings would this be a problem v.v disappating the capacitance etc?

Just about to give up!!

THANKS for your reading...

Take one of the flickering fittings down, turn off the switch then check across all conductors for voltage. If you've got a current whilst switched off your getting it from some where? Turn off one mcb at a time to find out, then start locating the where the fault is coming from.

change the light switch, worked for me small voltage passing though when turned off, also had the problem with energy saving bulbs doing the same when wired with 2 switches and the 2 wire strapper method.

hope this helps

problem is its in a garden...long run... and the sfu is next to other sfus

cheers!

This may be me being completely mad but stick your voltmeter probes into the garden soil, see if you get anything. If not blame me for making you look like a twonk testing the flower beds!

On a more serious note, disconnect the switch/fsu and crock clip the outgoing L & N. Whilst the switch is disconnected, test at a couple of fittings. It must be coming from some where?

no... if the fsu is off why? sorry to ask!

To establish the integrity of the cable.

Ok, with the switch removed do the lights still flicker? If the answer is no then you have a dodgy switch (regardless if you've changed it).

If the lights still flicker with the fsu/switch disconnected then you've got a current in that radial circuit. Switch off one mcb at a time to find out where the current is coming from.

Mate, I've just installed 20 LED 5 And 7 watt gu1o LEDs in place of mainS voltage... all operating on a switched fuse (already there!) and... turn it off.. there's flicker!?!?!

No cables running alongside. Although there maybe on the sfy=u load cable as there dare other sockets nearby.

Its doing my head in buddy.

Its a very long run around the customers garden.

Capacitance maybe? If the earth is not now functioning in the fittings would this be a problem v.v disappating the capacitance etc?

Just about to give up!!

THANKS for your reading...

Out of interest do they flicker for a long time after they've been switched off, or does the flicker diminish gradually then dissappear all together??

Reply to Flickering LEDS!!! Whassup guys??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net