Flickering Lights | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Flickering Lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

skay

Hi guys,

Need your help. I have a job which has flickering lights on 2 different lighting circuits. Apparently the supplier has tested up to the consumer unit and its fine. I have recently upgraded the consumer unit as the customer wanted this anyway. The flickering stopped for a couple of days after but has now started again.

Any ideas? If it was only one lighting circuit i would just assume its a loose neutral, line somewhere but the fact its 2 circuits is confusing me.

Hi guys,

Need your help. I have a job which has flickering lights on 2 different lighting circuits. Apparently the supplier has tested up to the consumer unit and its fine. I have recently upgraded the consumer unit as the customer wanted this anyway. The flickering stopped for a couple of days after but has now started again.

Any ideas? If it was only one lighting circuit i would just assume its a loose neutral, line somewhere but the fact its 2 circuits is confusing me.

You do need help, mainly in learning how to test and find faults.

Did you do any testing before and after the board change?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not one of you has given the guy any help with specific test procedures on how to locate the fault. I thought that was the whole point of this site? I for one would be curious to know what you guys would do in a situation like this, but instead you mock everyone who posts on here.

Not one of you has given the guy any help with specific test procedures on how to locate the fault. I thought that was the whole point of this site? I for one would be curious to know what you guys would do in a situation like this, but instead you mock everyone who posts on here.

I gave a resaonable suggestion.....

This site isn't for tutoring DIY numpties.

Time for you to get typing a fault finding flow chart. The guy is no doubt being paid to do this work where as we’re not.

Hi guys,

Mmmmm you 2 guys seem to be 1. Let me know which account you would like me to remove otherwise both will be.

Just for you Tony

Swap CU, get paid.

Get a phone call 2 days later about RCD/RCBO tripping

Ask on the internet

Claim the dog ate the test results or peed on Test equipment

Get shirty when asked questions about why pre tests weren't carrried out

claim you ususally know how to fault find, but never seen anything like this before

Never return again to either here of the customer

Just for you Tony

Swap CU, get paid.

Get a phone call 2 days later about RCD/RCBO tripping

Ask on the internet

Claim the dog ate the test results or peed on Test equipment

Get shirty when asked questions about why pre tests weren't carrried out

claim you ususally know how to fault find, but never seen anything like this before

Register a new username on the forum to give yourself some moral support

Never return again to either here of the customer

Added a bit for you

Reply to Flickering Lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net