Floodlight clicking | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Floodlight clicking in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kevfreeston

This morning when I put the rubbish out for the refuse collectors, my floodlight came on to illuminate my path (the reason i bought it), however it was already light so i went back to switch it off, on returning to the path a strange clicking noise was coming from the floodlight and wouldn't stop until i turned off its main feed, there doesn't seem to be any water in it..............any ideas?

It sounds like the PIR has thrown a wobbly. They do from time to time.
They usually
1/ Stay on permenantly
2/ Click on and off without turning the light on
3/ Click on and off without turning the light off

You could switch it off and on to override the PIR function or/and then trying fiddling with the time and light pots and see if that makes a difference otherwise its time to replace it.

I found that atmospheric disturbances and other intermittent over-voltages will cause them to loose their way.

Many thanks for that

It sounds like the PIR has thrown a wobbly. They do from time to time.
They usually
1/ Stay on permenantly
2/ Click on and off without turning the light on
3/ Click on and off without turning the light off

You could switch it off and on to override the PIR function or/and then trying fiddling with the time and light pots and see if that makes a difference otherwise its time to replace it.

I found that atmospheric disturbances and other intermittent over-voltages will cause them to loose their way.

Mine has started doing the same Back to the big orange shed for me tonight GGGRRRRR I hate "Decorative" fittings ffs her indoors wouldnt let me put a spare 400 flood I had lying around lol

B&G cheapos at £8.99 is good value for that rubbish.
I installed the first one on a client's wall about a year ago and then a week later replaced it with another. So far that one hasn't failed. It's most likely a batch thing, unfortunately.
There is a lot of legitimate imported rubbish coming into this country so we must expect a change of installation methods. Buy twice and install twice and charge a single price with an added supplement for contingencies.

Reply to Floodlight clicking in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net