flourescent lighting | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss flourescent lighting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

karlspark20

hi guys just wondering as my supervisor hasnt got time 2 explain things to me in detail, i recently installed 12 5ft dual(two tubes, 58w) flourescent lights in an industrail refrigerator an out of interest measured the current it was pulling and it was 9.3A why is this so high, any feedback greatly appreciated. karlspark20

Are these switch start fittings? I would say that power factor would be a big issue here although 30% losses does seem a little excessive.

yes they are switch start fittings am i correct in saying that all flourescent lighting circuits need 2 be multiplied by 1.8 if so the circuit current would be this i.e 24 lamps x 58w x 1.8/ 230v = 10.89A

yes, that's the same for all discharge fittings unless the power factor is given, then you can be more precise. HF ballasts operate on a much leaner factor, in some cases unity.

Reply to flourescent lighting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This thread can now be closed, as I seem to also have space in the box for the first switch. Revised diagram below. Thanks folks.
Replies
Views
  • Question
This is not really the reason. Like any semiconductor junction, LED chips themselves are by nature easiest to drive with a constant current...
Replies
Views
  • Question
ill look into that, and see if i can wire it into the line the light is using so see how much its actually using.. but regardless, the light is a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm a recently qualified C&G Level 2. I have my 18th edition on the way in the next few weeks. I have a CCNSG AND IPAF 3a/b card, happy...
Replies
Views
  • Question
shambolic also the Logic course needs to be slung.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks