fluke mft | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss fluke mft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sledgehammer

Forgive me but I can't search existing threads as the app just crashes each time. I'm looking at fluke mft's and would like to know which is best, why and of any issues. I did have one years ago but it did give some odd readings now and then and don't really want that again.

Those who can't spell need not join in this one thank you.

I'm looking at fluke mft's and would like to know which is best, why and of any issues.
If you mean the 165X range it depends which 'extras' you require.
Phase rotation, electrode test, memory and downloading facilities.

I did have one years ago but it did give some odd readings now and then and don't really want that again.
I have only ever had problems on my 1652B with leads wearing and once with loose fuse holder jaws.

Those who can't spell need not join in this one thank you.
[ElectriciansForums.net] fluke mft

Don't need rotation as I've got three ways already for that. I don't want to save and download as I think it takes too long and there is a risk of error resulting in it being lost, most probably human. Ground resistance testing isn't something I've needed to do which in reality worries me that I've been doing something wrong. Do they all have two wire no trip loop testing ability? How quick is it? Etc. the errors I found were things like odd end to end readings, ie 0.34 0.00 0.55. I changed to spare meter and 0.00 became 0.34 as would've been expected.

Great testers, used them for years. Bought a 1653 ( not B) off eBay last month for under 400 quid, calibrated no problem and is working a treat. Never have used the memory functions on these testers so can't comment on that.

Do they all have two wire no trip loop testing ability?
They have high current two-wire and no-trip three-wire which, I believe, isn't actually low-current but uses another method so the result is quite accurate.

How quick is it?
Mmmm - Sometimes takes a few seconds.

the errors I found were things like odd end to end readings, ie 0.34 0.00 0.55. I changed to spare meter and 0.00 became 0.34 as would've been expected.
As I said, I would suspect the leads.
Although that would give open-circuit wouldn't it.

The manual is on the web to see the different specifications.

Reply to fluke mft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net