Following on from a periodic | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Following on from a periodic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

addjobe

Hello people.

I have recently done a few PIRs for different clients normally for insurance purposes. After me giving them a list of remedial works the clients have asked for a cert to send to the insurance company.

I know its says that providing all the remedial works have be satisfied this installation is recommended to be re inspected in ..... years.

After counter signing to say all were completed, a number of insurance company's have asked for a clean cert with no problems on.

Does anybody know if there is a cert that can be done for this apart from a new inspection report or installation cert for the work done.

Hope that makes sense cheers Adds

what they want is for you to go in there with a blank piece of paper....note all the observations on it...and the remedials etc..all that lot....present it to them so they can give you the go ahead.....then you sort all the non-conformances and crap out for em....then issue a EICR showing a clean bill of health.....basically they want an EICR with no 1s and 2s on it....

Yeh that's what I had to do for one of my last inspections, I just wondered if there was a shorter way of doing it with out filling out another 7 page report, but I suppose not. Thanks for that

Use a software package to do your certificates. Issue the "unsatisfactory" version with the list of issues BUT don't mark the certificate as complete. After you've done the remedial work, update the report and the "issues" will go then you can issue a satisfactory report and mark it completed.

Reply to Following on from a periodic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net