Forum Posting | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Forum Posting in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems posting in that after completing a line then hit the enter key that the enter key does not work?

Try changing your browser and log back in ..... most of the time its a conflict ... if your on google try upgrading to chrome... also cookies from other sites may be conflicting if you have no reason to keep them delete all your browser cookies ..the regular sites you go on will reload them and any dodgy ones hopefully will be gone for good....you can also pick and choose which to remove. If you remove them all hope you remember all your passwords ;)

I have chrome and i had issues of it dropping out of the site so i deleted all cookies its running smooth again.... could even be a corrupt cookies from this forum if lots have same issue but as i say ive reloaded them now and all is fine.

From what I can gather the 'enter' key problem is only with Internet Explorer. I think it may have been a bug with one of the updates.

I have an issue where I often - and I mean often - have to reload the page and when I'm trying to post something it gets lost. I now have the habit of coying the comment before posting so I can re-post when it gets lost.

I'm using this Chrome thing - which I'm thinking of dumping.

I have an issue where I often - and I mean often - have to reload the page and when I'm trying to post something it gets lost. I now have the habit of coying the comment before posting so I can re-post when it gets lost.

try opera. i'm using it now on marvo's recommendation and find it a lot better. you can put all your usual sites as icons on screen and they stay there, not like chrome where they disappear as soon as you get them organised.

I made a post here about a similar problem, I think the info would be relevant.

try opera. i'm using it now on marvo's recommendation and find it a lot better. you can put all your usual sites as icons on screen and they stay there, not like chrome where they disappear as soon as you get them organised.
Glad it's working out for you Tel, I highly rate the Opera browser and I'd say it was worth the effort of installing and getting to know it.

Just posted and it comes up with a message 403 something to do with a problem with cookies.
I would also suggest you log out, clear cookies and history then log in again.

Same here also nothing to do with this site but can't save a web page either now upgraded to IE10, what tool bar?
I think there was recently a buggy IE upgrade or update that had a problem with the enter button not working in the forum text editor.

Reply to Forum Posting in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net