Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter newbie123
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 259

Discuss Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? Hi all,

I posted a question back in 2020 so rather than bringing that thread back up thought I'd start a new one. I've been in a few jobs since I was made redundant back in 2020 but still in IT. I am still thinking my calling is in a trade and Plumbing seems to be the one I'm drawn to the most, I've managed to gain a little more DIY skills as in putting up more curtain poles in bedrooms, fitting a new basin in the downstairs bathroom (no pipe work literally just a lift and replace). I have found a part time plumbing course which is 2 evenings per week starting in September, I was thinking it would help me get a start in a company but when speaking to Gateshead College to gain more info (price etc) they advised that doing this course would only assist me in getting a plumbers mate as opposed to attempting to gain a job as a plumber. I currently live in Dinnington in Newcastle Upon Tyne (North East) so was wondering what advice, if any, you guys suggest? I'm currently 37 so kind of feel like it's now or never really?

Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Found a plumbing course but not what I expected? plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

L
  • Article
What plumbing qualifications will I need when I entering the USA for work? Hi, I’m a uk resident with plenty of plumbing and heating...
Replies
Views
Liam saxton
L
J
  • Article
plumbing in portable gas stove? I'm moving to a flat currently fitted with an induction hob, but I really can't live without a wok burner. The...
Replies
Views
jbedin
J
M
  • Article
Rigid syphon Hi just to confirm does this look like a rigid syphon. Not seen in person but doesn't look like it one of the ones that splits so can...
Replies
Views
Matt0029
M
M
  • Article
Hi I’m Julie New to the Forum, but not “New to Plumbing” Hi Friends I’m a Premises Manager responsible for a large Primary School, its actually...
Replies
Views
MrsFixit
M
A
  • Article
I looking for a Gas Engineer. I want to do some practical with him .. In Great Manchester. I looking for a Gas Engineer. to read more on the...
Replies
Views
Abdalrhman
A

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks