Frankenstein is alive and well | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Frankenstein is alive and well in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

I like the way the lock off is positioned, so that if the switch is fitted wrong way round you get atomized when putting in the padlock!

What on earth would they be used for?

I like the way the lock off is positioned, so that if the switch is fitted wrong way round you get atomized when putting in the padlock!

What on earth would they be used for?

Used still for DC applications and test bed facilities.

Over the years I’ve worked on lots of them, mainly DC but a few AC. Lots of the stuff I worked on was installed in the 30’s and 40’s so cutting edge technology for their day.

The most frightening was a Telemecanique 400A 11KV. It had a nice glass panel in front of it so you could see the bits that were going to kill you if you messed up!

Can’t say I’m over impressed with the lock off either. Old as ours were they all had insulated lock of points.

Reply to Frankenstein is alive and well in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Youre in the same boat as me. I was previously with niceic and later on, napit. No issues. I didn't bother finishing my nvq3 as in 2010 during the...
Replies
Views
Actually, not too late as I've not had chance to revisit this issue since. I guess since we're getting into colder weather I ought to ...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looks like I'm just in for a battle as well - customer owing nearly four times the original estimate on labour due to delays and poor management...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Great post I know where he is coming from brings back memories of guys I did my apprenticeship with sadly with now passed on, I do feel sorry...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
was it on Angelsey Nick?, strange capers go on there!, went to see my sisters "new" house on Monday in Holyhead ...Cooker circuit wired in 4mm...
Replies
Views
LlandrilloSpark
L

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks