Free short-circuit calculation software | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Free short-circuit calculation software in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LHV

Hi everybody

I have developed a software to calculate short-circuit currents and voltage drops in low-voltage systems. I'v been using it for a years now and developing it continually.

It's a fast, comfortable and very easy to use, menu based software and I thought to ask is there any interest to this free software?

It's in Estonian only and I have planned to translate into English also. But only then, if there is enough interest. It's a big work to translate:)

I'v googled and searched for different software but I haven't found any free, handy tool to calculate short-circuit currents on the fly. I'v found Siemens Simaris (also free) and others, but these are mainly graphical and not so comfortable to make calculations fast.

Here is a screenshot of my program: http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3320/lhvshot.jpg

Main features and requirements:

- Works on PC: Windows XP/Vista/7
- MS .NET Framework 3.5 required
- minimum 1-phase short-circuit and voltage drop calculations in low-voltage systems
- menu based: just choose conductors, transformer, protection devices, fill lengths and other fields and results are calculated on the fly (sc, voltage drop, suitable protection devices...)
- all technical data for calculations (transformers, conductors, prot. devices) is stored in XML databases so users can add additional data or correct existent data.
- freeware

I'v also compared results with other pro software and sources and results are trustworthy and calculation methods respond generally to standards (IEC). But of course, this is not guarantied yet. I need to do some more work in this field.

So, what do you think, would you be interested?:)

All the best!

Reply to Free short-circuit calculation software in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net