Fully Qualified | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Fully Qualified in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofty84

Hi

I was recently told by my tutor that Ive passed my C&G 2330 level 3 and in the process have became a fully qualified electrician. It wasw a long 3 years and im glad I saw it through as at times it was tough. Unfortunately I started the course as the recession was kicking in and so had to work for free as an apprentice with a one man band. I did aquire a few tools along the way and the odd £20 here and there but prdominently I worked for free takeing the view that at least I was gaining valuable knoledge. I made up for this by working in the evening at a hospital as a porter and at the weekends so that I at least had some money to pay my way. The problem is I thought once I was in this position I would be able to find a larger elecrtrical comapny to work for that did comercial and domestic installations so that I could do private jobs at the weekedns and continue to learn my trade until I felt I was ready to go it alone. ( I had a plan of 2 years). the thing is however the internet is not throwing up that many opportunitys and I was wondering how you guys go about finding electrical companies that are recruiting and how you got your jobs. Typeing in electricians in the area I live is not very fruitfull. Can anyone give me some advice so I can start to earn some good money.

put out flyers i.e print out what youve achieved and put this info in local electrial wholesalers
ring every company in yellow pages, thomson
advertise in friday ad, wealden

can you drive? perhaps look further afield

hope any of this helps mate

Send your CV off to as many local sparks as you can find but also write a cover letter. I quite regularly get job requests, and if I read something similar to what you wrote about working an additional job in the evenings to earn money whilst working for free for another spark I would seriously consider you and at the very least, put your CV at the top of the pile.

Where do you live lofy? And good luck with the job hunting.

Reply to Fully Qualified in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net