Fused spur (switched) in outside zone | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Fused spur (switched) in outside zone in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Ombos

Am I going mad??? can you fit a switched fuse spur in the bathroom outside zone? its for a boiler and will be enclosed within the boiler cupboard which i know meets the regs but I cant find any reason in the regs that says it has to be enclosed (within boiler cupboard). Oh the installation is to full 17th ed. Please someone with a greater understanding let me know and if poss ( I know I'm pushing my luck here) state the reg number and why it cant be installed in the outside zone and not enclosed. Cheers :confused5::confused5:

If you have a regs book available, the section in question is 701.

Outside of zone 2 there are no restrictions on current using equipment & accessories.

Check requirements on RCD and/or supplementary bonding.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the boiler is in a cupboard, it may well be classed as outside of the location.
Hi yes the cupboard is 1300mm from the bath side. The only reason this question has raised its head is: I rewired the house and left a fused (switched) spur under the boiler as per the plumbers request, he has got his own spark in who has refused to connect the boiler as the FS and boiler are not in a cupboard. Now this as got my back up as both the boiler and FS are 1300mm from the bath, the disconnection times for the RCBO is spot on. There is a cupboard going around the full boiler anyway but thats not the point is it? If I have made a cock up in anyway I would want to know but the other spark wont even phone me to tell which part of the regs the FS does not comply with. I have even ensured its own its own spur and this terminates at the FS,it would be difficult not too lol. Anyway I do thank every one for their replies and if anyone does have a different point of view please post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Fused spur (switched) in outside zone in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net