G59 | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter langstroth2
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2K

Discuss G59 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

langstroth2

Any one know how long SSE are taking with a G59 submission (4Kw SB4000TL) - they've turned down G83, and my installer says they are insisting on a G59 instead :-( This could now takes weeks is my concern, plus extra cost for someone...

Sorry not surprised. The SB4000TL is over 16amps per phase so not a G83 notification. Even the suppliers warn of this on their websites etc.

I've just placed a G59 application and its taken a couple of weeks so far.

I don't think you will get any problems going for the G59 and I wouldn't see to may great costs involved either as it's not majorly over the 16amps (I assume 16 x 250wt panels?) Your installer should of realised this before installing IMO.

Thanks for the re-assurance. I got the impression that up to very recently he's not had a problem with G83 even on installs that were "slightly" over 16amps. I think others on here may have experienced similar - with some seemingly being allowed to install under G83 after a brief conversation with DNO.

Thanks for the re-assurance. I got the impression that up to very recently he's not had a problem with G83 even on installs that were "slightly" over 16amps. I think others on here may have experienced similar - with some seemingly being allowed to install under G83 after a brief conversation with DNO.

I'm sorry but it may be a case that the DNO are only now up to date on notifications. It took UK Power Networks over 6 weeks to come back to me on an inverter change notification (2 x inverters so they thought!)

There are many threads on the SB4000TL here and not one will answer the fundamental question G83 or G59?

Its OK for the DNO to say OK but from experience get it in writing!

I'm sure it will be OK in the long run, Just a pain in the rear for now. Is it still connected and generating? ie building FITs?

I am also in the situation of wanting to connect a 4kW system to SSE network, consisting of a SB4000TL and 16 x Sanyo HIT250. The installer contacted SSE and they have refused permission to connect under G83 and he is now submitting a G59 application.

I am hoping to get it installed in the next 3 weeks but I understand the approvals process is likely to take longer than that.

Is there any reason why we cannot go ahead with the install with the SB4000TL limited to 3680W to come inside G83, then removing the limit if/when SSE approve the G59 application?

Reply to G59 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net