garden lighting | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss garden lighting in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

redface

what would you guys use for lighting trees up.
i will have the light abouth 10m away from a 20 m high tree and and about 8 m wide. i think metal clad 150 w 35 degree spot so i dont lose light on other things in garden.
is there a good web page for this
also i have 200m of garden walk way near fence to dim light what lighting would you use .

i just want to know you have the same idea as me also can u get 2 x 2.5mm cables in a light or do you think i should do jb to light.

the lights i think i will run in pvc conduit and i think i will have a t box at each light and each tree light will be in swa because i will be going under lawn.
also will be having plant lighting i was going to put 12v lighting in so transformer will be fed from swa to ip rated box then flex to transformer.

is there a way of doing garden lighting easy or is this the best way

i will also be installing cu in to old stable and will have ir switching to contactors and cu in potting shed at end of garden

its a big garden and a big job that has been going on a year advice would be good or if u want more info just ask please

or do you think i have good idears?

oh thay dont want leds just sofl lights on walk way but want plants lit well and trees.

Thats a fare few KW of lighting, I usually wire anything thats surface clipped in Hi tuff and make it off into lewden sockets then wire a wiska box onto the end of some H05 flex with a lewden plug then star all the lights in that bed to the wiska box. looks really good. fill all junction boxes with magic gel. Then you can swap the normal lights for Christmas lights by just unplugging them. Also I put lights on time clocks with a photo cell inline so you don't need to be changing the time for winter and summer times this would control your contactors. I don't like using 12v lighting in gardens ,just personal preference just more to go wrong. then again sometimes you have no choice as the style of the light often dictates the what goes in regardless of whether it is 12v or 230v

Last edited by a moderator:
hi tuff cable is ok but i will be running in bushes and under lawn so its not as fast but swa would let me sleep at night better and they are long runs to star.
and sorry but there will be ir switches from house so customer can switch on and off when they want i will be a 4 gang switch for tree lights close walk lights far walk lights and plant lighting.
and plugs are a no thanks

Was just meaning to use the Hituff as oppose to the conduit assuming it's going to be clipped to a retaining wall, then as you say use the SWA for the underground runs. Lewden Sockets allow for termination of SWA or conduit directly into them. As for the star method that would only be for localized lights around the socket. Sorry it's hard when your not looking at the job yourself, you know what I mean :)

[ElectriciansForums.net] garden lighting
[ElectriciansForums.net] garden lighting

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to garden lighting in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net