General requirements to start as an electrician in the UK | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss General requirements to start as an electrician in the UK in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

biffa

New to this website. Just returned to the UK after 20 years and note electrical jobs and mobile fleet usage needs many certificates which were not in vogue when I left these shores.
Can anyone tell me what i need to get me on the employment list.
I am qualified to HNC Electrical Engineering level from many years ago but I see 17th Edition and C&G certificates are either preferred or necessary. What is the quickest way to get up to speed?
Thanks

Yep Welcome

As for qualifications what do you have (yes Iknow HNC) with regards to 14th-15th-16th or 17th edition qualifications or inspection and testing JIB card ect

Thanks to those who have taken the time to answer. I shall be checking locally for courses for these certificates. From 'Oldtimer' I did have the 14th Edition so I need to update I guess!
Cheers

Reply to General requirements to start as an electrician in the UK in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A
  • Article
Atkinson Tanktop general info & service advice Hi all, we spotted threads on this forum, thought it would be good to create a general thread with...
Replies
Views
Atkinson Equipment Ltd
A
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Qualified Trainee / Improver Seeks Start Content of the thread: Hi - I am looking to return back to the industry...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Qualified Trainee / Improver Seeks Start Content of the thread: Hi - I am looking to return back to the industry...
Replies
Views
yeah I know it it is tough Brad, but keep going mate, chin up and all that, if you keep going something will go your way.
Replies
Views
Welcome to Electricians Forums :) Thanks for signing up. :D
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks