Generation Meter Wiring | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Generation Meter Wiring in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Matt_M

Hi,

Having completed a couple of PV installs now, we are still a little un-settled by the wiring of the generation meter.

I have seen photos of other installs where people are using a bit of trunking in order to connect earths and keep bare sheathing covered, however, in my opinion this looks naff.

Are there any other solutions out there, or alternative meters which have internal terminations (and maybe an earth?)

I suppose another alternative may be double insulated cable?

I would be most interested to hear peoples opinions on this.

Thakyou,

Matt

No probs. This is what it looks like with the extended cover on. Plenty of space underneath.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Generation Meter Wiring

we often use an ip box, or in the past when we were out in the middle of nowhere we used a 2 gang surface back box and blank plate looks ok once 240V warning stickers are on it

Ive done 2 now and the neatest way ive found and the clients are really happy with it is a bit of 50mm trunking horizontal from the side of cu, underneath with a 20 amp isolater above the generation meter underneath 20amp isolater end cap out the top 3 core with 20mm gland to inverter you can loop your earths from switch to switch to inverter.

I use the AC Isolator and drill 4 10mm holes in the top that correspond with the meter holes fix to wall above isolator and use the earth connecter in the isolator loads of rrom inside to run cables and looks neat and tidy!!

Hi

Using something like the Elster A100C which comes with an extended terminal cover is great.

You can even add two cut outs for trunking/conduit coming in from below the meter.

D

Reply to Generation Meter Wiring in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net