Generator Earthing | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Generator Earthing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We’ve recently completed the first and second fix of a barn conversion that is off grid with solar PV, batteries and a back up generator.

This was always the case that it was going to be off grid however as we have little experience in working with any off grid systems we specifically said at the start that the final connection would need to be either made or designed by the company fitting solar PV, generator and batteries.

However we’ve come to the end of the job and there has somehow been a miscommunication somewhere and the other company are now not providing any design or connection and the customer has asked us if we can help. Obviously our experience with off grid is virtually zero so to ensure we are doing this correctly with earthing arrangements especially does anyone know of a company that is willing to design this for us?

I’ve spoken to Napit and they said I could try a few companies but after trying them it’s not something the said companies can help with.

We / the customer would be willing to pay for any help / services obviously

Reply to Generator Earthing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Are you sure they are back-feeding and not a legitimately grid tied system or systems with an island mode. Whilst the term is not strictly defined...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
Thanks for your advice bud, I actually spoke to a Gold Card holder over the weekend of whom gave me the same advice
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks westward great advice as always 👍
Replies
Views
I am living in the north of Thailand where the grid is very unreliable (rainy season outages multiple times per week or once a full week). I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the input, Lucien. I did check the settings on the ATS controller. I think the primary issue was it was set to 3 phase on line 1. Now...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks