Generator setup for temp. supply to a few sockets | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Generator setup for temp. supply to a few sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ianbrookes

what is the best way to set up a generator to run a small number of appliances (freezer, till, light) on a temporary basis during a power outage.

generator is 2*16amp output, 240v.

thx

Thought I would add to this thread, I too am going to be fitting a changeover switch to incorporate the use of a portable generator in a garage to provide temp supply in a domestic scenario, I have not done this before and looking to check if what I propose is ok?

Planning on running a 2.5 3core swa cable from garage(where portable generator is) to the meter cupboard in house and connect to generator connections on changeover switch.

I planned to protect the 2.5 swa cable with a 13a fused outlet in the garage,so from the 16a commando socket on generator the flex will run to feed side of spur and load side will be the swa to house.

Earthing is tn-c-s and I will be running the cable partially clipped direct to car port and on a catenary wire to the house(4m span) .

Advice appreciated.

Reply to Generator setup for temp. supply to a few sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
To clarify this point, connecting an earth rod to a generator does not make it TT. DNO's mains supplies all have an earth electrode at the source...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm not 100% sure of land ownership of the field with the pole in - I'll check. I appreciate the replies - thanks everyone.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes that's the sort @pc1966 ! I actually remembered that I did one a couple of years ago on a farm that ended up split into commercial units...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I haven't anything specific, but in recent years everything I came across would require M&E rather than just electrical or mechanical. Castell...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A couple of carbon monoxide detectors would be a good investment
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks