Getting Western Distribtion to remedy a Shared Supply on victorian terrace | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Getting Western Distribtion to remedy a Shared Supply on victorian terrace in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

joew

I've read an existing thread on this from 2010 and with Western Power Distribution taking over supply responsibilities in our area I wanted to find out the current position on this.

Our house supply is on tail from the neighbours MET (?) who I know well. I've read on here that if I ask the neighbour to raise this as an issue WPD will be required to put in a fresh supply to our property.

In addition another neighbour, a long time ago, called their electricity supplier and said that, being the same position, they would not be able to cut them off as they would be unable to legally enter the neighbours property. The Elec co promptly arrange a new supply to be fitted free of charge.

We are looking to do this as we are planning to turn our stairs around 180 and the new position will require the MET and meter being moved by 1 metre towards the neighbours property. Having had WPD in they advise they can not work on a shared supply and must install a fresh supply at a cost of £1800.

Our budget is already stretched and we are looking at any alternatives.

Does anyone know where I can find the necessary regulations on this and possibly let me know what our options are?

Thanks

Pm me the details and I'll look into the scheme for you. It's not our policy to replace looped supplies, there are thousands all over the west midlands and god knows how many nationwide. It was the done thing at one stage.

I've read an existing thread on this from 2010 and with Western Power Distribution taking over supply responsibilities in our area I wanted to find out the current position on this.

Our house supply is on tail from the neighbours MET (?) who I know well. I've read on here that if I ask the neighbour to raise this as an issue WPD will be required to put in a fresh supply to our property.

In addition another neighbour, a long time ago, called their electricity supplier and said that, being the same position, they would not be able to cut them off as they would be unable to legally enter the neighbours property. The Elec co promptly arrange a new supply to be fitted free of charge.

We are looking to do this as we are planning to turn our stairs around 180 and the new position will require the MET and meter being moved by 1 metre towards the neighbours property. Having had WPD in they advise they can not work on a shared supply and must install a fresh supply at a cost of £1800.

Our budget is already stretched and we are looking at any alternatives.

Does anyone know where I can find the necessary regulations on this and possibly let me know what our options are?

Thanks

THAT was what I was told by our DNO (NEDL) and I was told that they would have to do it free of charge.

As it happens, the job didn't go ahead, so I can't say if this is what really would have happened, and it seems that different DNOs have different "rules".

Reply to Getting Western Distribtion to remedy a Shared Supply on victorian terrace in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net