Getting Worse | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Getting Worse in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tonys

I have never been under any illusion that things were going to improve last year, this year or even next year.

There are just to many people in this country and not enough work to go round.

Spotted an advert for JIB Approved Electricians, it was for 3 different areas, it was run last Friday I believe, I gave it a ring first thing this morning, all jobs were gone with in the first hour of the advert.

Shocking whats happening out there.

I have never been under any illusion that things were going to improve last year, this year or even next year.

There are just to many people in this country and not enough work to go round.

Spotted an advert for JIB Approved Electricians, it was for 3 different areas, it was run last Friday I believe, I gave it a ring first thing this morning, all jobs were gone with in the first hour of the advert.

Shocking whats happening out there.

To many electricians chasing to few jobs with all the foreign labour here now.

This happens every 10 or 15 years. Currently people are training to be sparks, and loads of plumbers are busy, in a few years there will be a shortage of plumbers and people will jump on the plumbers ship, thereafter there will be a shortage of sparks. The recession etc has made it worse.

I don’t think it will ever recover to what it was a few years ago, but they will improve.

The situation will only improve when we have British jobs for British folks.

NOT meant as a racist comment, just how I see it as a 60 year old tradesman.

The situation will only improve when we have British jobs for British folks.

NOT meant as a racist comment, just how I see it as a 60 year old tradesman.

Could not agree more though perhaps i'm a little biased as I signed a 2 year contract which then rolls over, project I'm on due to run till 2015 so 99% chance of staying on.

Until 3 weeks ago when I was told that I'm going to get a local assistant engineer to help, which is a euphorism for train him up and he will take over.

I suppose there is a little bit of hostility as my plans look to be changed, but also a grudging admiration for the government here that says thank you for your expertise but we want local people to have jobs not ex pat workers.

I suppose in the Uk we suffer from a more open door society and allow too many foriegn workers into the country, not only in our industry but the NHS as well. What though that I really baulk against is the excuses that some agencies or emplyers use when they tell , well I use foriegn labour because they are harder workers, more reliable, they don't grumble as much, they just get on and do a good job which is again a euphorism for I pay them minimum wage, treat them dismally, and know that they will never complain as we shaft them.

If we think it's bad now, just wait till the EU expands more.

This happens every 10 or 15 years. Currently people are training to be sparks, and loads of plumbers are busy, in a few years there will be a shortage of plumbers and people will jump on the plumbers ship, thereafter there will be a shortage of sparks. The recession etc has made it worse.

I don’t think it will ever recover to what it was a few years ago, but they will improve.

Spot on mate IMO. The problem is that we have been living on a sea of credit for the last 10 years or so, living outside our limits if you like. Whilst it's very nice, it's not sustainable to live like that - hense we're were we are now. IMO obviously

Well i think the next twelve months are going to be a pig ,if you think about it it all boils down to the goverments this one and the last one ,dont know what they think we are but they are the vampires and were are the victims draining our hard urned cash away try to look positive guys as being negative you will always be negative just think positive if you can get through this year then i think youll be ok

Being laid off Friday coming, done 2 days last week and it will be 5 days this week, 7 days in total. Can't moan though, better than a kick up the arse.

Rates are really starting to dip now, going to be down to a Ton a day soon, take it from me. So I'm going to run adverts in my locals and take the domestic installer work, because I'm not going to suffer, they can.

What the main issue is that everybody is a service company. The vast majority of big companies are private owned, but are not more than public sector workers. If you see A company doing well. You will also notice a great big drip feed into the goverment resources.
We need to make money not pass it around. You will only do that making a product and selling it. Wheres the action there? CHINA!
The jobs fooked! Factories are just shuting week after week. England has just become a office for the world.

Reply to Getting Worse in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net