Good old NICEC at it again | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Good old NICEC at it again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Home today to find a bloody recorded delivery letter fromNICEIC saying if I don’t pay £840.00 within 14 days my membership will becancelled. Paid my fees in May but they want another £348 for an additional halfday visit. Visit not even arranged.
Cancelling tomorrow and want my money back that’s what youget for being with them for 10 years.
Rant over

I can see this lot going down the pan, I think the forum should organise a petition, we should get free regs books when they come out, the opportunity to pay monthly by DD, and we choose the jobs they see,and we should have the booking time/date we choose, like an online diary we can click on, in other words we need to take charge of the schemes, its our cash innit ?

Ive just signed up for NICEIC .. had the Option between the NICEIC or ECA both the same (to me when paying and getting advice, it looked to be the same body!!) I think ill do two years with NICEIC and see from there, at the moment to me the options is Stick with NICEIC or STROMA (or how ever you spell it)

Dont know .. maybe flipping between NICEIC and ECA will keep the bills down (like car insurance, the company i have it with put up the costs the next year, so i looked around and found it cheaper... with the compaany i was already with, so i had to cancell my renewal, and sign up again!!)

the thing with the eca is they work to the regs and are not continually trying to force you to do things to suit the NICEIC.

What they will be like now they have joined time will tell.

I dropped out of part p scheme 2 years ago, complete shambles, still do new work, not one building control has ever asked for part p certificate, they are happy with the installation cert.

As for metal boards... i wont be fitting them either...

so i looked around and found it cheaper... with the compaany i was already with, so i had to cancell my renewal, and sign up again!!)​get that every year. do the same and get yet another meerkat .

Home today to find a bloody recorded delivery letter fromNICEIC saying if I don’t pay £840.00 within 14 days my membership will becancelled. Paid my fees in May but they want another £348 for an additional halfday visit. Visit not even arranged.
Cancelling tomorrow and want my money back that’s what youget for being with them for 10 years.
Rant over
Well I assume you failed your annual inspection and need a revisit then?

MDJ why do you assume Never failed my inspection because Idid not get one yet they kept cancelling my inspection, they are trying to tellme that it should take more than half a day for an inspection. The additional £348.00is for the additional hour’s good bloody money for half a day. So can’t fail itif never got it??

the thing with the eca is they work to the regs and are not continually trying to force you to do things to suit the NICEIC.

What they will be like now they have joined time will tell.

I dropped out of part p scheme 2 years ago, complete shambles, still do new work, not one building control has ever asked for part p certificate, they are happy with the installation cert.

As for metal boards... i wont be fitting them either...

So what other parts of BS7671 do you not install to ?

I don't think he has this in mind !
Is wood an acceptable material ?
of course it could be made of tissue paper as long as it is in a non readily combustable enclosure e.g. couple bits of wood and plasterboard

depending on the wood it will take a lot more to burn than most plastics, ask tony or any of the others how long it takes to burn an old wylex board on a fire

micc, yes we do. when we go to old plantrooms on a ripout we often find a lot of micc.

we do come across it in some pubs we work at as well and im shocked they havent been messed with but then most diyers wont dare touch micc lol

Yeah, normaly every one in their local is an electrician when a free pint is on offer lol.

Yeah, normaly every one in their local is an electrician when a free pint is on offer lol.
yeah i spotted a couple electricians chatting in my local it was the blind leading the blind.

both were wrong lol.

if you dont know something look it up and reference it and check the references are reliable

yeah i spotted a couple electricians chatting in my local it was the blind leading the blind.

both were wrong lol.

if you dont know something look it up and reference it and check the references are reliable

In city's the other day some chap walked in with a property maintenance T-shirt on and asked the lad behind the counter for some connector block. The lad behind the counter asked what amp he wanted and the property maintenance T-shirt fella said I dunno it's to extend a cooker cable, you know the thick cable I'm on about. Lad behind the counter goes here you go and gives him a strip of 15amp connector block! Now that is the blind leading the blind lol

In city's the other day some chap walked in with a property maintenance T-shirt on and asked the lad behind the counter for some connector block. The lad behind the counter asked what amp he wanted and the property maintenance T-shirt fella said I dunno it's to extend a cooker cable, you know the thick cable I'm on about. Lad behind the counter goes here you go and gives him a strip of 15amp connector block! Now that is the blind leading the blind lol
fool he should have given him 50amp lol

MDJ why do you assume Never failed my inspection because Idid not get one yet they kept cancelling my inspection, they are trying to tellme that it should take more than half a day for an inspection. The additional £348.00is for the additional hour’s good bloody money for half a day. So can’t fail itif never got it??
The first is usually a full day with 5 jobs needed to be seen, so that may explain the NICEIC requesting a full day.

Reply to Good old NICEC at it again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net