grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Are fire alarm companies/engineers the only people who can certify Grade B LD1 conventional fire detection systems? It’s on a domestic house

Or can any spark self certify them through their competent person scheme using the certificate templates provided?

I’ve been asked to install a system like this, but haven’t done any courses on fire, but know how to do all the wiring with the proper fixings etc. My friend has just passed his time a year ago as a Fire Alarm engineer so would obviously get him to commission it, so I would have peace of mind to certify it with my name.

My first time being asked to certify an install, but have plenty experience in the past subbying to a fire company doing all the installation works so don’t want to be doing anything I shouldn’t be, or outwith my legal right in terms of certification. Any advice would be appreciated

At an Elex show a year or two ago the people on the Click Scholmore stand said that they will design and certify a fire system. Don't know how the certification works or what cost implications there may be but possibly worth a phone call to them. I was asking about a small HMO so I assume they will assist in the smaller jobs.

At an Elex show a year or two ago the people on the Click Scholmore stand said that they will design and certify a fire system. Don't know how the certification works or what cost implications there may be but possibly worth a phone call to them. I was asking about a small HMO so I assume they will assist in the smaller jobs.
ESP - https://www.espuk.com/# is the company you are referring to part of Scolmore

Reply to grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net