Grid Disturbance | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Grid Disturbance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Flyingsparks

Had a phone call this afternoon from a customer that we had installed a PV system for a few months ago. We had fitted an SMA inverter and he said that the red light keeps coming on and the inverter displays the message 'Grid Disturbance' .

He said that inverter then keeps restarting but keeps getting the error message and commented that there was no problem with the electrical supply to the house as the lights were still working so I said I would call round later and have a look.

Got a phone call 15 mins later to tell me not to bother coming out.

It seems that some contractors were using a mini digger in the garden of the house opposite and had damaged an underground cable and my customer said that you could see sparks coming out of the hole in the ground.

That's what I call grid disturbance !

Reply to Grid Disturbance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

You need to pass the job on to someone who is competent and up to speed with solar installs and regulations .
Replies
Views
I'm begining to think like this now, I very rarely work for builders anymore but the couple that I still do work for are the worst payers out of...
    • Agree
Replies
Views
I recently noticed that my array is no longer outputting anything to the meter or grid. Managed to get access to the inverter today and Sunnyboy...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply littlespark. Yes the works have been carried out. Surely it is fraudulent because basically the document is Not...
Replies
Views
I guess my last post was even less direct than intended.
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks