grid tie solar to a consumer unit in a shed that is fed from the main consumer unit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss grid tie solar to a consumer unit in a shed that is fed from the main consumer unit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Could you connect grid tie solar to a consumer unit in a shed that is fed from the main consumer unit in the house or is this not allowed due to how it complicates safe isolation?

Doesnt complicate safe isolation....

use the isolators that are fitted... check for voltage.... Safe? fine... carry on testing
I’ve seen it debated online where some people say you can feed a consumer unit powered from another consumer unit like in a shed with the solar inverter. Do you know if that’s allowed or not? Because people make different arguments or would it just have to have the applicable warning notices which would tell you where to isolate it.

Not aware of any limitation and in the commercial installs i come acros,s it is common for the inverters to be connected into a sub board off the Main DB. It just means a good pack of labels required to ensure the main DB is isolated fully. You can get the labels easily enough.

Reply to grid tie solar to a consumer unit in a shed that is fed from the main consumer unit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a project to upgrade an existing renewable energy system and could really use some expert advice. The...
Replies
Views
Your PV system should never be fed by shared RCD. At the moment your additional protection is compromised by this. To rectify this you need to...
Replies
Views
Sounds more positive.
Replies
Views
462 excerpt below. The incoming supply is via a electrical plant room to the block of flat, each flat has a standard DNO cutout fuse but no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Issue is certain sizes of cable may theoretically be okay but upon the proper testing when it’s commissioned things like a thing may not test out...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks