Grout & Tile cleaning Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Brid tiler
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 94

Discuss Grout & Tile cleaning Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Grout & Tile cleaning

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods .
My question is this ;
After grouting on large floor areas all I have ever used for final clean off is a hand held groat boy flat sponge and making passes down the length of the room covering approx 2 tile widths (lets say average 800x800 floor tiles )
With a croached back bent motion walking backwards. Then changing water and then repeating another 2 rows down the entire length of room.. repeat repeat … once tiles dried out and slight water grout haze left I then repeat whole process again to finally have a clean and finished floor ..now I’m in my maturer years its pretty back breaking hard work..
I know I should probably invest in grout boy and sponge with a handle and pole .. which is the best and what would you use and recommend.. also I’m also researching about the shark steam mop to maybe make life a lot easier for the final clean.. maybe initially pass over with my sponge pad making sure of my perfect grout smoothing and then once dried instead of repeatedly passing over the whole floor with constant water changes with grout boy sponge .. jst use the shark steam mop with its x2 spinning soft sponge heads to clean off the haze film on tiles with a little press of the water steam .. does anyone else think this could work 🤔
Sorry for the long winded post and many thanks for any responses in advance….Steve

Grout & Tile cleaning for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Grout & Tile cleaning Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net