Hairdressing salon? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Hairdressing salon? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Staffie

Hi, need some advice about lighting?

Went out yesterday to price a job up in a salon. There is 4,200 square feet to light up. At present the whole place is lit by 50w GU10 down lighters fixed into 600x600 ceiling panels. The lighting is all wrong, to yellow and under lit creating shadows everywhere!

I've suggested installing some recessed H/F luminaires with cool white 18w T8's. Obviously the place needs to be bright and the colour rendering correct as they do hair colouring etc?

What do you think about this choice of lighting and how many luminaires would be required? I've estimated around 30 units???

Cheers...;)

If you got an account with your local CEF ask them if there lighting rep will come out and do you a survey;)

They do it for free in the hope that you will use their products,of course once they have worked out your lux levels etc you are free to purchase from anywhere

Went out yesterday to price a job up in a salon. There is 4,200 square feet to light up. At present the whole place is lit by 50w GU10 down lighters fixed into 600x600 ceiling panels. The lighting is all wrong, to yellow and under lit creating shadows everywhere!

I've suggested installing some recessed H/F luminaires with cool white 18w T8's. Obviously the place needs to be bright and the colour rendering correct as they do hair colouring etc?

What do you think about this choice of lighting and how many luminaires would be required? I've estimated around 30 units???

Cheers...;)

Sound like someone installed the wrong luminaires for hair salon I will never use all 50 watter G10 downlighters that is kinda crappy as you can see shadows effect that can really screw up everything.

Normally I will use mixed bag of Flourscent plus few indscent luminaires in there to keep the colour tempture in balance for main flourscent lighting normally I use 4100K bulbs { make sure you use High colour retating bulbs not the cheap crappy ones } the last hair salon I done in USA side we used majotry of flourscent plus downlighters to highlite few spots.

But make sure your CU supply is well set up due as far we know hair salon are good with power usage espcally with hair dryers and yeah get this Air condtioning units.

Merci,Marc

Cheers...;)

You can download a program called Dialux along with lighting manufactures data free, when you run the program it will ask what lighting levels are required etc which will tell number of fitting needed and where to fit them.

Reply to Hairdressing salon? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net