Halers LED downlight + underfloor heating | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Halers LED downlight + underfloor heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
V.Nearly Esteemed
Reaction score
Morning Chaps/Chapesses,

I need to install some LED downlights in a kitchen ceiling with a standard 6"/150mm joist, but it's going to have wet underfloor heating for the rooms above clipped to it as well (as in, the floor boards, clearly).

I normally use the little Halers EVOLED units which I think are great, and the manufacturers booklet just says they need a minimum of 50mm vent space above, but makes no mention of extraneous heat sources.

Also, being so close to a plastic waterpipe which lets face it could easily be pierced from above through the board, do I have to consider some additional protection - and if so, then what?!

Anyone had this before? Suggestions welcome.

Has the plastic pipe (UFH) not been fitted attached to a metal refector plate or do you not know yet. as this is the only type iv'e seen used for floorboarded floor and it tends to have a lot of insulation put under it also.

TBH, I just don't know yet. It's all a bit make it up as it goes and it's doing my nut!

I'm making an assumption that it will be the usual style of weaving pipework, clipped to the underside of the boards (solid), and then some sort of insulation layer underneath it, but until the plumbers come on site to start fixing I don't know.

I might be able to get some info out of them on site tomorrow so I'll report back.

you could fit around 12 halogen downlights, thus providing the underfloor heating yourself and saving the client a fortune spent on wet wipes.

LOL! Hey fellas - it gets even better. On site this morning turned up the plumber - said he doesn't know either but thinks it might be somewhere around 40mm. After the plumber went again (how DO they manage to do that?) the SPRINKLER installers turned up - first I've known about it!! So I now have a 150mm joist that contains: 40mm of underfloor heating, a 50mm2 high pressure water pipe......

I've started another thread about sprinkler systems as I've some other issues as well!!

Reply to Halers LED downlight + underfloor heating in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net