hanging lights... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss hanging lights... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
getting ready for a job which has 30 downlight between kitchen ,large dinning room with sofas(open plan) over where the sofas are sitting the ceiling goes full height of house and they would like to have lights hanging in singles with flex i suppose,

has any of you guys installed lights like this and is there a certain fitting i should use in your experience with this type of lighting layout. no weight jut hanging with nice clean bulbs..

the downlights will be brushed chrome aswell as switches and socket.... thanks

There are some places online which stock clear flex that you could use for the lighting hanging, what kind of fittings are you hanging as you will need some support if the fittings are a little heavy as you dont want any excessive strain on the flex.

There are some places online which stock clear flex that you could use for the lighting hanging, what kind of fittings are you hanging as you will need some support if the fittings are a little heavy as you dont want any excessive strain on the flex.

Do you have a link for this please? we have a customer who wants some designer pendants but the maximum drop they manufacture is 2ft and we need about 7ft :)

sounds about right telectrix...

i dont know what fitting im using yet.

i wa thinking about 5 or 6 pendants just hanging and maybe get smaller ceiling roses if possible..... with just a lamp holder and a clear bulb...

but for some reason i think they will be expecting more.... but hey ho

what flex would be best to use to straighten out... id say 1mm maybe on 6A rcbo

check commercial catologs they will have better choice ( more expensive tho) also over that distance support wires 9 gripple) may be incorporated igggizinie comes to mind

They want a bog-standard lamp holder and bulb dangling down from the ceiling? I can't imagine that looking good. Daz

I saw these today and thought of you, i=p/u!

[ElectriciansForums.net] hanging lights...[ElectriciansForums.net] hanging lights...[ElectriciansForums.net] hanging lights...[ElectriciansForums.net] hanging lights...

Give them a bit of that modern, trendy Mancunian look! :shades_smile:

Reply to hanging lights... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net