Have I hired a cowboy? plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Sylvergrunge
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 202

Discuss Have I hired a cowboy? plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have I hired a cowboy? We have a leak in a central heating pipe under the tiled floor in our downstairs bathroom. The water was seeping up through the floor. I called a plumber and he lifted the tiles and dug to reveal the pipe and find the leak. He has repaired the leak using compression joints (also repaired larger 28mm pipe which he punctured when digging), which he says are more reliable than soldering, but we have had constant leaks from each pipe every time the water is turned back on. Water is now off and boiler not working, so he is due back today. I have researched and found that compression joints should not be used under concrete and joints should be soldered. I also read pipes should be protected with Denso tape, but he says they need no protection. He is also going to fill the hole with rapid set tiling adhesive before refitting the tiles. Am I right to be worried?

Have I hired a cowboy? to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Have I hired a cowboy? plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

D
  • Article
Plastic hot water connection. Which compound to use?? Hi, I have a leak on the hot water inlet of my concealed Aqualisa Gainsborough shower. I...
Replies
Views
D.I.Y Pedro
D
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Hole in copper pipe, solder under floor, T coupling & protection Content of the thread: I was stupid enough not to...
Replies
Views
S
  • Article
Hissing sound from under sink Heya, So there's a hissing sound coming from underneath my sink that feeds my washing machine and dishwasher...
Replies
Views
Seo195
S
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Prevent Costly Damages with Professional Leak Repair Services Content of the thread: Water leaks, whether from a...
Replies
Views
E
  • Article
Replace a water tap Hello, I have to replace the kitchen's water tap. I am attaching images (*.img) of the under sink existing pipe connections...
Replies
Views
Erico19
E

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks