hearing aids and inductive loops etc | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss hearing aids and inductive loops etc in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Barry White

My old dad is 85 and is having trouble hearing the tv (its very loud and he is wearing his hearing aids too) He mentioned that when in church he switches to T setting which is inductive loop.
Is there a gadget he can plug into tv and hear through inductive loop? if so anyone got one or tried one?

Cheers Myke

Pardon, what did you say lol, not sure mate but pretty soon I am going to have to investigate the hearing problem for myself.

Go to social services , they may well supply an induction loop that plugs into the audio output.
To be honest though, the one the in laws had ;they were not impressed with it.
If I can find it, I will give you it.

Inductive loop hearing aid technology is ancient, I can't believe they haven't improved them with digital tech via wi-fi or bluetooth or something....

Inductive loop hearing aid technology is ancient, I can't believe they haven't improved them with digital tech via wi-fi or bluetooth or something....

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The wifi based solution they have implemented in one theatre locally is a right mess, the first problem is the user needing a wifi enabled device with the correct app installed to use it.

I commonly fit induction loops in school classrooms, bank etc. But alot of people dont realise how hard they are to setup.
Yes its a coil of wire around a room but we have and EN standard of testing at 100Hz 1 khz & 5Kz all at different responses
Frequency, Background and field strength.....get these wrong, and the howling from an hearing aid can be painful even to a deaf person.

I commonly fit induction loops in school classrooms, bank etc. But alot of people dont realise how hard they are to setup.
Yes its a coil of wire around a room but we have and EN standard of testing at 100Hz 1 khz & 5Kz all at different responses
Frequency, Background and field strength.....get these wrong, and the howling from an hearing aid can be painful even to a deaf person.

It is horrendous. It must sound like a panic alarm when it is in the ear.
At best they chirp away like a bunch of budgies.

Reply to hearing aids and inductive loops etc in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net