Heater options? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Heater options? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rwright1000

Hi guys,

I am installing something to heat a small physio room at a local sports club. Being that It will only be used on certain days for 2-3 hour periods it just needs to be switched on whenever the room is occupied and preferably provide instant heat. My thoughts were to wire a sw fused spur off the existing radial then straight to a wall mounted radiant heater. Room is approx 30m cubed. Any other thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Ok a fan model sounds better, will just have to make sure I use one that's man enough for the space in question. If they were to splash out a bit are there any options for remote controls to change the output level or with a stat?? Cheers again

Ok a fan model sounds better, will just have to make sure I use one that's man enough for the space in question. If they were to splash out a bit are there any options for remote controls to change the output level or with a stat?? Cheers again

Most good quality heaters now have stats and selectable elements. I bought a Delonghi "intelligent" heater a few years ago which anticipated when the temp was getting close to the desired level and automatically reduced the heat output. Was great until it packed up :)

Reply to Heater options? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Youre in the same boat as me. I was previously with niceic and later on, napit. No issues. I didn't bother finishing my nvq3 as in 2010 during the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
B
I wouldn't accept it personally, the regs suggest that significant space heating loads (those over 2kW) should not be connected to a ring circuit
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
A
I think the occupancy control operates a secondary convector fan in each unit to circulate hot air when needed. It certainly makes no sense to...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
[/COLOR] Doesn't figure them coming in starkers......unless it's the latest religious cult thingy.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks