hello any oe recognise this cu? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss hello any oe recognise this cu? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello, does any one recognise this CU. I never seen one and maybe there is a reason why they have an elec hob and elec oven (8kw combined) on a 20 meter run of 2.5 T&E. CUstomer called me said the fuse kept on tripping! Well i understood why when i inpected the wire size and the fuse size but am I missing something about this CU unit?

cheers

DD368 [ElectriciansForums.net] hello any oe recognise this cu?

Well i thought it was clear in BS7671 that loads over 2Kw should be on their own supply.....people should consult either a competent person or take time to ask in here before proceding....:yesnod:

This DB is a standard 3 phase carcase in the UK, but also quite a normal size for a single phase set up in say France, Germany and the like. They don't use CU's in the same way as we do in the UK. Along with main isolator, MCBs/RCBOs they will use relay type modules for lighting etc, timers, contactors, SELV distribution and the like.

Also, in countries like Germany, socket outlet protection will be DP because of the use of non polarised accessories, so they need to be much bigger than our CUs. So in effect every DB configuration will be different but all based on the modular DIN rail mounting system. So not so Heath Robinson as first appears ...lol!!!

This DB is a standard 3 phase carcase in the UK, but also quite a normal size for a single phase set up in say France, Germany and the like. They don't use CU's in the same way as we do in the UK. Along with main isolator, MCBs/RCBOs they will use relay type modules for lighting etc, timers, contactors, SELV distribution and the like.

Also, in countries like Germany, socket outlet protection will be DP because of the use of non polarised accessories, so they need to be much bigger than our CUs. So in effect every DB configuration will be different but all based on the modular DIN rail mounting system. So not so Heath Robinson as first appears ...lol!!!
So ehich countrys use a TNC setup then eng?...

Well,

i know that the installers were german.

they used german engineering and stuck two fingers up to the BS for electrics and plumbing!!!!!

I am thinking now it would be better to change the whole thing for a BS CU seeing as i am going to run a new wire for the hob and oven.

thanks guys for all your comments

DD368.

Well,

i know that the installers were german.

they used german engineering and stuck two fingers up to the BS for electrics and plumbing!!!!!

I am thinking now it would be better to change the whole thing for a BS CU seeing as i am going to run a new wire for the hob and oven.

thanks guys for all your comments

DD368.

Not according to the DB in your photo. as i said they would always use DP breakers for there power sockets. With the Germans old habits die hard....lol!!
Anyway, you don't have to get rid of your DB carcass, you can make up a pretty decent CU from that DB. Plus you have a dammed sight more room for dressing your cables etc!! I think that DB can handle a new cable for a cooker ....don't you?? ...lol!!!

Reply to hello any oe recognise this cu? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net