help on a east and west facing | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss help on a east and west facing in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
how do i work out the estimated annual yield, do i just work out the maths to the east and west and the add them together

i.e if the east produces 800 kwh yearly the west would also produce 800, so the over all total would produce 1600 kwh yearly

is this how it would work

That's how I do it. What ever size system to East, at what ever pitch and any shading added to the same West. You may need to consider the pitch and shade from one side to another.

Just been working on a combined thermal / pv solution for a customer on east / west and the thermal installation notes for a 30 tube system specifically state that 20 MUST be put on the west and 10 on the east ....
If correct system sizing demands that 30 tubes are necessary, then 20 tubes must be fitted to the west facing roof aspect and 10 tubes to the east roof aspect.
And each side has its own pump aka "inverter"

Reply to help on a east and west facing in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Need to crack on to get most from this year :cool: BTW if you are thinking about adding to the strings later, i.e. add more panels to existing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
After fitting out the first room of downlights.... i expect him to get a bit speedier at fitting them There is so many unknowns to price at this...
Replies
Views
Bear in mind if you get a company to install this then the battery would of course be vat free aswell. Flux is an intersting tariff but also...
Replies
Views
Hi there, This might be a bit of a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try. I'm based in South West London (Richmond/Twickenham) and I'm about 7 weeks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks