Help Please | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Help Please in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

I wonder what that 951 clamp is clamped to?
Why does the earth conductor dissapear into the head, and then reappear in grey?
Could it be that someone decided to bond the sheath of the supply cable and put the cable away at the TN-C-S earthing terminal?

Doest it go into the head?

I thought it went up behind the board.

If it does go into the head, I reserve judgement!

The only thing i know is boiler fitted in outhouse and bond 10mm is run in to earth on sheath no bonding to water main other bond goes to head with pen condoctor from side to nuetral in fuse box

The only thing i know is boiler fitted in outhouse and bond 10mm is run in to earth on sheath no bonding to water main other bond goes to head with pen condoctor from side to nuetral in fuse box

On that evidence, I think I'd be setting 2 hours aside to ring the DNO, there are a few anomalies there!

Looks like TN-S with an incorrectly identified (and sized) earthing conductor to the consumer unit. But where is that black terminated? Looks like it's just squashed between the head and the backboard!

Simon.

Is there an earth conductor from the fuse board?
The conductor shown in the pictures appears to come from the 951 earth clamp on the cable to the the block in the head.
The conductor on the other side of the clamp is labled in the first picture as gas bonding.
Is the installation earthed at all?

trying to do that for 2 days get info from them its my mates house he has just bought it and he ask me to look at shower cable in bathroom hanging out ceiling and no shower and was still live removed.

TN-S system with separate neutral and earth blocks at the cutout. The double insulated out the side should be green/yellow as that is the earth block. This type of CO can be used on TNCS systems with addition of a link between neutral and earth in the cutout (DNO only). The DIY earth bond should be removed as an earth block is provided.

Reply to Help Please in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net