Help posting photographs Please. | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Help posting photographs Please. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jason Smith

when I try to post a Photo, on the attachment manager it says upload failed. Have succeded before, however, I see it now shows that a jpeg image should be 2.o MB max. My previous was 3.19 MB. is this a new lower limit, My photos seem all to be about 3 plus MB what do I do chaps ?

If you have a graphics program normally you can reduce the size of your picture with it sometimes its called optimization for web pages that will reduce the overall size.

Chris

Ta mate,will have a play, what causes the MB size of the JPEG image, is it the Pixels in the photgraph, if so perhaps I can set my camera for work phots that will always come under the 2.mb limit for this site? Dont want to not be able to post the ones I already have though.

Ta mate,will have a play, what causes the MB size of the JPEG image, is it the Pixels in the photgraph, if so perhaps I can set my camera for work phots that will always come under the 2.mb limit for this site? Dont want to not be able to post the ones I already have though.

Reduce the pixel size to approx 1000 on the largest side, then save as, and upload the saved as image

Like this

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Help posting photographs Please.
    test.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 28
Thanks acat and Golden Boy, have adjusted the Camra as advised so it will save me having to mess about in future, and managed thanks to both your advice to downsize the photos already got and succesfully post. Thanksagain brill stuff.
Just for your info, it was on the thread nuisance tripping rcd help- of tonight- our vermin friends, I love them because they give us so much income a year- have often found parts of mice etc in places but this one phot was a cracker of a whole shrew sat with arse on one terminal and paws on the other, absolutely complete, fried, and dried out. The shrew was obviously killed instantly, and dried out completly as current was still flowing. It was disovered on a re wire.

Reply to Help posting photographs Please. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net