Help! Query re the Type of Electricity Supply to our House | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Help! Query re the Type of Electricity Supply to our House in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sueince

We're about to move house and the people moving into our house want to install a kiln. They have asked us to tell them the total amps to our house, or whether our supply is standard single phase or industrial three phase.

Apparently, we should be able to tell by looking at the supply board but I don't even know what I'm looking for. I'd be grateful for any help/advice anyone can offer.

Sue

shouldn't cost you much for an electrician to increase the size of the cables from the meter to the consumer unit so you can have the electricty supplier increase the rating of the fuse to accomodate the additional load of the kiln. If you have a 60A fuse at the moment it's possible (obviously you will have to consult the electricity supplier first to verify) that you could increase the supply to 100A if necessary or 80A if that was sufficient.
Probably cost you £10 at most for increasing the cable size from the meter to the consumer unit and 1 hour labour and possibly travelling or a call out charge for your local electrician - depends where you're living.
Don't know what electric supplier would charge, maybe £40 to change the fuse.
A lot more if the supply cable to the meter needed replacing to take the extra current
Hope your sale goes through.

Reply to Help! Query re the Type of Electricity Supply to our House in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net