help with a price | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss help with a price in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

As Tel,
Plus your overheads, materials a little for "just in case".
Also a few other questions for you to consider below...
Do you need access equipment, is there a site induction to go through?
What are the cables like, if the starters are different will there be enough length?
Are the existing cables correctly terminated?
Would you have to correct any terminations? i.e. would you need more materials to do this?

Oh, and check your insurance covers you, some DI type policies exclude 3ph, and that your insurance covers you for industrial/commercial, again some policies exclude certain types of work.
An AC friend of mine got caught out with his policy renewal!

In my experience door roller shutter electrics are usually very poor quality, totally unacceptable and carried out by labourers.
Unless your able and confident enough, and the client is willing to pay for a full inspection and test, my advise would be to walk away.

In my experience door roller shutter electrics are usually very poor quality, totally unacceptable and carried out by labourers.
Unless your able and confident enough, and the client is willing to pay for a full inspection and test, my advise would be to walk away.

hmm, not done much with these, but a few weeks ago, had a farmer on the phone. he was having 2 3ph. roller doors fitted, and could i install the supply for them. the guys that installed the doors had them fitted with 3ph. 5 pin plugs as they weren't qualified to hard wire them. all i had to do was install 2 isolators with 16A sockets. the fitted plugs even had a reversible pair of pins in case the phase rotation was incorrect. then all they had to do was plug in. easy job all round.

tel,
Be interested to know a bit more about those reversible pin plugs, did they have to dismantle them etc?

no. there's a screwdriver slot in the plastic around 2 pins. you just turn 180degrees and it reverses the 2 pins, thus reversing rotation. i''l try and google it.

me too, but i did find a supplier months ago. a 16A 3p,n,e was about £20. can't remember the supplier though.

Just a quick tip.

Most have a hand winding mechanism to wind the door. Move the door to a couple of foot from top or bottom before trying direction. Saves a lot of time and expense when the doors wrapped around the top roller.

Reply to help with a price in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net