Help with domestic installer assesment ? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Help with domestic installer assesment ? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jak1708

Hi all

I have done the city and guilds 17th edition course and am looking to apply for the domestic installer scheme and was wondering if anyone has already done this and could help :

basically it says about a "qualified supervisor" but i wont have one as i am going to be self employed is that ok ?

also this may help :

My dads a carpenter by trade and is taking on an extension at the end of the month so i was going to do all the electrics for that by ringing up the local building control, telling them what im doing, do all the electrics and then ring them back up for someone to come out and check it over and issue me a cirtificate so i can get the NIC assesor to come check it and the certificate.

does that sound right ?

thanks

Jack

Jak what other courses you done?? the 17th edition is just knowing the regulations IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN ELECTRICIAN. Actually doing the job itself takes a few years exoperiance on the tools with sombody fully Qualified as well as the college work.

If you have only done ther 17th course dont think about doing rewires or any other hands on electrical work.

Hi scotsparky no its ok i have been working with an electrician for just over 2 years now so have had a lot of time and experience with the actual job in hand and have done many full rewires unaided but am just really confused about this assesment

sorry maybe should of mentioned that lol

thanks

Jack

Hi Jak
Best to read the Domestic installer part on NICEIC website etc it also states the qualified supervisor will be yourself !
as long as your 100% on testing/inspecting installing etc and have everything inc paperwork in place you should be ok.
Regards
Kung.

Reply to Help with domestic installer assesment ? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net