Hi Leaving army planning to do domestic installer course | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Hi Leaving army planning to do domestic installer course in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Broadsta

Hi people my name is adrian. Currently serving in the army but looking to leave and become a domestic electrician to start then hopefully go on to become a fully qualified sparky.

I have a couple of questions I'm hoping I can get some help with.

1) I was wondering if anybody has gained a qualification through tradeskills4u and if they are reputable and good?

2) I was planning on doing a domestic installer gold course and was wondering if an EAL 7695 is a qualification equal to a level 3 and if I would be able to get a job as a domestic electrician with this qualification?

many thanks to everyone

adrian

there's no short cut to becoming an electrician. 3 years to do 2356 level 2 and 3. then your nvq, which requires you yo be employed. the level 2 & 3 can be done evenings at college whilst working as a trainee in the day.

there's no short cut to becoming an electrician. 3 years to do 2356 level 2 and 3. then your nvq, which requires you yo be employed. the level 2 & 3 can be done evenings at college whilst working as a trainee in the day.

I think Telectrix means 2365 (not 2356, which is an old qualification that no longer runs). Other than that, spot on :)

Ok thanks there will it allow me to work as a trainee? The qualifications on one of the courses at city and guilds 4141-01, 4141-02, 2393, 2382-12, 2392-10 and 2377-22, 2377-32. I think the other course has all these bit instead of several c&g quals you get a EAL? Would this help me get a job in order to work towards becoming qualified.

Reply to Hi Leaving army planning to do domestic installer course in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net