High Freq Ballast Lighting gone weird | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss High Freq Ballast Lighting gone weird in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Capn Ahab

Was asked to look at a faulty light fitting in a shop - double high freq 80 watt fluorescent with klik plug.

Power to ceiling rose - check
New lamps - check

Not working.

Thought it must be the ballast, so replaced the old one.

Still not working.

Swapped in complete working light fitting - STILL not working in that position.

Moved previously working light fitting back to original position - now that one isn't working either.

Am befuddled :confused:

if all the wiring in the new ballast is correct then other things it could be is a faulty end cap where the pins of the tube are not connecting bit of corrosion on the terminals to also ,other things are faulty tubes even new ones go faulty ,faulty ballast etc , wiring error

Or more likely MDJ a bad connection between the plug and clix fitting. I've seen it a few times. Especially in dusty environments, they only need to be unplugged a few times for them to go knackered.

Or more likely MDJ a bad connection between the plug and clix fitting. I've seen it a few times. Especially in dusty environments, they only need to be unplugged a few times for them to go knackered.
Nice one, I had a feeling that might be an issue and was hoping someone with experience of klik fittings would say something.

There is power to the conduit box/klik socket, and one of the lamps flickers ever so slightly when you turn it on, but then it goes dead. The weird thing is that the other fitting stopped working in it's original position after I tried it in the faulty position, so this makes me think that maybe unplugging and replugging the klik fitting has knacked it.

When you say you checked power to klik, have you checked with a voltage tester? Check between line and neutral at the fitting. with some hf fittings, if you replace the tubes, you need to turn the switch off and then on again for them to light.

Reply to High Freq Ballast Lighting gone weird in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net